FREE Educational Training for Community Association Management Professionals
Series exclusively provided to Community Association Management career professionals. Board members are welcome and encouraged to register for our Board Member Training Series, written and taught specifically for you!
Cagle Carpenter Hazlewood’s Community Association Manager Training offers two separate series of classes specifically designed for various experience levels of community management career professionals. Unlike the courses offered by national organizations, our Community Association Manager Training series focuses exclusively on federal and Texas laws that govern Texas subdivision and condominium community associations.
Each training series consists of six total hours of no-cost instruction broken down into six one-hour classes offered once a month for six consecutive months. In addition, free refreshments will be provided to all attendees. There is no required sequence to either series, so participants may start a series at any time.
Registration for each class is limited based on the capacity of the classroom facility, which varies per location. Accordingly, please register for classes as early as possible to ensure availability.
Community Manager Boot Camp
The Community Manager Boot Camp is designed to provide newer community management professionals with a thorough understanding of the statutory laws and legal concepts that govern the management of community associations in Texas. It is generally recommended for community managers with less than three years of experience in their community management career.
Community Manager Boot Camp consists of the following six classes:
- Association-Governed Communities and Governing Documents – offered January and July
- Board Meetings – offered February and August
- Membership Meetings – offered March and September
- Assessment Collection – offered April and October
- Covenant Enforcement – offered May and November
- Architectural Review – offered June and December
Community Manager Advanced Training
The Community Manager Advanced Training is specifically designed for experienced community management professionals (3+ years of experience or graduates of the Boot Camp) and covers advanced legal concepts that are essential to the professional management of condominium and subdivision community associations in Texas.
Community Manager Advanced Training consists of the following six classes:
- Fair Housing – offered January and July
- Insurance – offered February and August
- Association Books and Records – offered March and September
- Vendor Contracts – offered April and October
- Transition of Control – offered May and November
- HOA Litigation and Dispute Resolution – offered June and December