Gregory Cagle is the managing partner of Cagle Carpenter Hazlewood. Gregory concentrates his law practice in civil and complex litigation involving real estate, nonprofit and for-profit corporations, business disputes, construction defects, and residential and commercial community associations. Gregory has extensive litigation experience and has served as lead trial attorney in hundreds of trials in front of judges and juries.
Gregory also has extensive experience in representing community associations as general counsel on all aspects of issues involved in the operation and governance of association-governed communities, including management issues, compliance with federal and state laws, interpretation of and compliance with governing documents, architectural review of proposed construction, covenant enforcement, assessment collection, litigation, and dispute resolution.
In addition, Gregory is the author of Texas Homeowners Association Law, the only comprehensive legal reference manual on the state and federal laws governing Texas community association, and he has the distinguished honor of membership in the Community Associations Institute’s College of Community Association Lawyers, an organization whose membership consists of attorneys that have demonstrated skill, experience and high standards of professional and ethical conduct in the practice of community association law and who are dedicated to excellence in the specialized practice of community association law. Gregory is a frequent speaker and contributor to continuing legal education courses on topics related to community associations.
Gregory is also a certified mediator and arbitrator, and he frequently serves as an expert witness on topics applicable to Texas homeowner and condominium associations and the proper conduct of Boards of Directors under the applicable standards of care.
State Bar and Court Admissions
- State Bar of Texas
- United States Federal District Courts for the Eastern, Northern, Southern and Western Districts of Texas
Honors and Recognitions
- AV Peer Review Rated by Martindale-Hubble
- Member, Community Associations Institute
- Fellow, College of Community Association Lawyers
- J.D., Baylor University School Of Law (1998)
- Top 15% of graduating class
- Baylor Law Review: Notes and Comments Editor
- Member of Order of the Barristers
- B.S. in Advertising, University of Texas at Austin (1995)
Authorship and Speaker Credits
- Speaker, SETTLEMENT OF CONSUMER LAW CASES, presented at the State Bar of Texas’ Handling Your First (or Next) Settlement Course; November 20, 2016.
- Author and speaker, JUDICIAL FORECLOSURE OF HOA ASSESSMENT LIENS, presented at the State Bar of Texas’ Handling Your First (or Next) HOA Assessment Lien Foreclosure for Condos and Subdivisions Course; November 14, 2014.
- Author, TEXAS HOMEOWNERS ASSOCIATION LAW, 2nd ed.: The Essential Legal Guide for Texas Homeowners Associations, © 2013.
- Author and speaker, HOA ASSESSMENT LIENS: Everything you need to know to figure out your head from your assessment lien (revised and updated); presented at the 34th Annual Texas State Bar Advanced Real Estate Law Course; July 2012.
- Author, TEXAS HOMEOWNERS ASSOCIATION LAW: The Essential Legal Guide for Texas Homeowners Associations, © 2010
- Author and speaker, HOA ASSESSMENT LIENS: Everything you need to know to figure out your head from your assessment lien; presented at the 32nd Annual Texas State Bar Advanced Real Estate Law Course; July 2010
- Author, CAN YOU HEAR ME NOW? Conducting Board Meetings by Remote Communications Technology; Community Association Living, 1st Quarter (2011)
- Author, BUILDING BRIDGES, NOT FENCES: Resolving Community Disputes in a Neighborly Manner Without Litigation; Community Association Living, 2nd Quarter (2011)
- Speaker, HOA ASSESSMENT LIENS: Everything you need to know to figure out your head from your assessment lien; presented to the Real Estate Section of the Austin Bar; May 2011
- Speaker, Restrictive Covenant Enforcement 101, presented at the 2009 Community Association Institute, Austin Chapter – Tradeshow (2009)
- Speaker, Restrictive Covenants, presented at the Capital Area Suburban Exchange (C.A.S.E.) Conference (2006)