ROSWILL MEJIA | Associate
Direct (512) 387-8293
firstname.lastname@example.org | vcard |
Roswill Mejia joined our Cagle Carpenter Hazlewood Austin office in March 2017. Her practice focuses on all stages of complex commercial litigation and dispute resolution, with particular expertise in real estate transactions, community associations, and commercial finance. She also has significant experience advising clients on business planning and strategy, including the development, implementation, and enforcement of restrictive covenants, internal policies and procedures, governing documents, and other agreements or contractual provisions.
Prior to joining the firm, Roswill practiced commercial litigation and served as general counsel for an Austin-based corporation. She also completed a fellowship with LiftFund, Inc., an award-winning community development financial institution, where she counseled investors, entrepreneurs, start-ups, and growth-stage entities on corporate finance, structure, and risk issues.
Roswill attended the University of Michigan Law School, and received a Bachelor of Arts in both Business and Communication Studies from Southwestern University. While attending Michigan Law Roswill was accepted into Michigan’s renowned International Transactions Clinic, where she represented multi-national corporations and investors in connection with the structuring, due diligence, negotiation, and closing of complex cross-border financial transactions.
In her spare time Roswill enjoys trying new restaurants, playing tennis, and hiking with her dog, Shiner.
- University of Michigan Law School, J.D., 2014
- Southwestern University, B.A., Business & Communication Studies, 2011
- Hispanic Bar Association of Austin
- Texas Young Lawyers Association
- Board Member of LiftFund Inc.’s Young Professionals Board
- State Bar of Texas Foreclosure Manual, Chapter 48, Servicemembers Civil Relief Act (3d ed., Dec. 2014).
- Texas Civil Rights Project, AISD Inequitable Funding and Vestiges of Segregation (Sept. 2012).