ROSWILL MEJIA | Associate
Direct (512) 387-8293
email@example.com | vcard |
Rose Mejia joined our Cagle Carpenter Hazlewood Austin office in March 2017. She focuses on business and real estate litigation, commercial association law, business planning and strategy, corporate finance, and other general corporate and contract matters.
Prior to joining the firm, Rose practiced insurance defense litigation and served as general counsel for an Austin-based corporation. She also completed a fellowship with LiftFund, Inc., an award-winning community development financial institution, where she assisted start-ups and growth-stage entities in corporate finance, structure, and risk issues.
Rose received a Bachelor of Arts in both Business and Communication Studies from Southwestern University and went on to attend the University of Michigan Law School. While attending Michigan Law she represented multi-national corporations and financial institutions in cross-border financial transactions as a part of Michigan’s renowned International Transactions Clinic.
In her spare time, Rose enjoys trying new restaurants, playing tennis, and hiking the greenbelt with her dog, Shiner.
- University of Michigan Law School, J.D., 2014
- Southwestern University, B.A., Business & Communication Studies, 2011
- Hispanic Bar Association of Austin
- Texas Young Lawyers Association
- Board Member of LiftFund Inc.’s Young Professionals Board
- State Bar of Texas Foreclosure Manual, Chapter 48, Servicemembers Civil Relief Act (3d ed., Dec. 2014).
- Texas Civil Rights Project, AISD Inequitable Funding and Vestiges of Segregation (Sept. 2012).