SCOTT CARPENTER | Shareholder
Direct (480) 427-2844 | Fax (480) 427-2801
firstname.lastname@example.org | vcard |
Scott Carpenter focuses primarily on general counsel, corporate and transactional matters, complex litigation, business advice, transactions, employment issues and conflict resolution and avoidance for condominiums, homeowners associations, planned community associations, cooperatives, churches and other nonprofit clients. As the author of Community Association Law in Arizona, published by the State Bar of Arizona, Scott is highly regarded on community association matters. He is a frequent contributor to continuing legal education courses on the topic of mandatory-membership community associations.
Scott is a member of the Community Associations Institute’s National Faculty and has the distinguished honor of membership in the Community Associations Institutes College of Community Association Lawyers and served as its President in 2013.
Scott enjoys riding motorcycles, running, and skiing. He has one daughter that graduated from Wheaton College in Illinois, another at Biola University in La Mirada, California and a daughter in high school. Scott, his wife, and his youngest daughter are members of their local church where Scott works with 5th and 6th graders.
• Baylor University College of Law, J.D., 1993
• Wheaton College, Wheaton, Illinois, B.A. Political Science, 1991
• Past President of the Central Arizona Chapter of the Community Associations Institute.
• Co-Chair Arizona Legislative Action Committee, Community Associations Institute.
• Member of the Community Associations Institute’s National Faculty.
• Board of Governors, College of Community Association Lawyers.
• 2004 recipient of the national Award of Excellence in Government and Public Affairs from Community Associations Institute.
• Community Association Law in Arizona, published by the State Bar of Arizona, 2003, and Second, Third, Fourth and Fifth Editions (2015)